Spring is here, which means summer isn’t far behind. Soon air conditioners will be humming 24/7 across the region to keep us comfortable in the heat, and if yours isn’t ready to go, now’s the right time to schedule your preseason air conditioner tune-up and avoid mid summer break up leading to costly repairs.
Prepare your air conditioners for the extreme heat now so that you don’t have to put up with the sweltering heat. AirMaxx offers you a complete preseason air conditioner tune up so that any flaw or default is identified and fixed before the summers come.
Your annual AC tune-up will include many important tasks that will increase system efficiency and longevity. Our highly trained technicians will include these points during the service:
- Lubricate the parts of the system that move, such as the fan and motor, to prevent friction.
- Check electrical connections and tighten any loose wires.
- Clean and inspect essential components for any damage and advise necessary steps.
- Inspect your ductwork for air leaks, which can reduce comfort and raise your energy bills, and obstructions, which can impede airflow and result in overheating.
- Test the electric control of your air conditioner to ensure it cycles properly. Improper cycling reduces your comfort and takes a heavy toll on your system.
- Measure the level of refrigerant and check for leaks. Refrigerant leaks are bad for the environment and prevent your air conditioner from maintaining a high level of comfort in your home. If a leak is detected, it will be repaired and tested, and your system will be topped off with the correct level of refrigerant.
- Inspect the coils for scale and grime, which can prevent the optimum exchange of heat and reduce the efficiency of your system.
- Inspect the terminals and wires for corrosion and rust, and apply a non-conductive coating if needed to help prevent rust and corrosion from developing.
- Measure the airflow of your system to ensure proper operation and optimum cooling.
- Flush the condensate drain to prevent clogs during periods of high humidity.
- Change the filter if needed.
- Calibrate the thermostat if needed
Save yourself from the torturous heat and unexpected repairs with timely ac tune up by AirMaxx. Welcome summers with confidence in your home cooling system.