Spring is here, which means summer isn’t far behind. Soon air conditioners will be humming 24/7 across the region to keep us comfortable in the heat, and if yours isn’t ready to go, now’s the right time to schedule your preseason air conditioner tune-up and avoid mid summer break up leading to costly repairs.
Your annual AC tune-up will include many important tasks that will increase system efficiency and longevity. Our highly trained technicians will include these points during the service:
- Lubricate the parts of the system that move, such as the fan and motor, to prevent friction.
- Check electrical connections and tighten any loose wires.
- Clean and inspect essential components for any damage and advise necessary steps.
- Inspect your ductwork for air leaks, which can reduce comfort and raise your energy bills, and obstructions, which can impede airflow and result in overheating.
- Test the electric control of your air conditioner to ensure it cycles properly. Improper cycling reduces your comfort and takes a heavy toll on your system.
- Measure the level of refrigerant and check for leaks. Refrigerant leaks are bad for the environment and prevent your air conditioner from maintaining a high level of comfort in your home. If a leak is detected, it will be repaired and tested, and your system will be topped off with the correct level of refrigerant.
- Inspect the coils for scale and grime, which can prevent the optimum exchange of heat and reduce the efficiency of your system.
- Inspect the terminals and wires for corrosion and rust, and apply a nonconductive coating if needed to help prevent rust and corrosion from developing.
- Measure the airflow of your system to ensure proper operation and optimum cooling.
- Flush the condensate drain to prevent clogs during periods of high humidity.
- Change the filter if needed.
- Calibrate the thermostat if needed.